
Without a doubt, my favorite Neil Young album is On the Beach. Neil finally decided to release it on CD in 2003. One of my prized possessions is a vinyl copy, the album just sounds so much warmer - the way it was intended.
Here's one my all-time favorite songs off the album:
MP3: Ambulance Blues
Neil commented on On the Beach's re-release :
"'On the Beach is a record that reflected what was going on at that time, and what was going on in my life at that time, and I think, like anything, if it's true in the first place, it'll be true forever. It should just ring differently, but it will still ring. If you're contriving it or working too hard to create something, then it's not going to ring true later on. So I'm glad On the Beach is happening now, and I hope people get something out of it.'"