I managed to get my camera into the Circle of Friends show after some pleading with the Z-93 workforce. It was incredible being so close to these rock legends - Phil Lesh, Dickey Betts and John Scofield. Big thanks to Martha for getting the tickets and to Carson for taking me along for the ride. Carson managed to get us in for the soundcheck - there were probably eight other folks in the club and half of them were roadies. We watched Dickie teach Joan Osborne how to sing 'Blue Sky' during the soundcheck. Yesterday we heard 'Blue Sky' and 'Ramblin' Man' three times a piece live - has to be a record for a fan.
small venue, the band warms up...

across the stage (left to right, for the folks that don't listen to much music): Rob Barraco (keys), John Scofield (guitar), Dickey Betts (guitar), Jon Molo (drums), Phil Lesh (bass), Larry Campbell (whatever he wants to play)...

Phil with his perma-grin...

Dickey looking as tough as ever...

I'm happy to finally talk to guitar-god, John Scofield...

me and Carson - I'm still sporting my happily-stunned face...